Buying a Chandler or East Valley Home Right Now: Easy? No. Smart? Yes.
“The March ShowingTime Showing Index® recorded the first nationwide drop in showing
traffic in eight months as communities responded to COVID-19. Early April data show
signs of an upswing, however.”
Why would people be setting appointments to look at prospective homes when the process of purchasing a home has become more difficult with shelter-in-place orders throughout the country?
1. Some people need to move. Whether because of a death in the family, a new birth, divorce, financial hardship, or a job transfer, some families need to make a move as quickly as possible.
2. Real estate agents across the country have become very innovative, utilizing technology that allows purchasers to virtually:
- View homes
- Meet with mortgage professionals
- Consult with their agent throughout the process
All of this can happen within the required safety protocols, so real estate professionals are continuing to help families make important moves.
3. Buyers understand that mortgage rates are a key component when determining their monthly mortgage payments. Mortgage interest rates are very close to all-time lows and afford today’s purchaser the opportunity to save tens of thousands of dollars over the lifetime of the loan.
Looking closely at the third reason, we can see that there’s a big difference between purchasing a house last year and purchasing one now (see chart below):
Many families have decided not to postpone their plans to purchase a home, even in these difficult times. If you need to make a move, reach out to a local real estate professional today so you have a trusted advisor to safely and professionally guide you through the process.
If you are looking to buy during this Coronavirus crisis, we can help you. We have adjusted the way we work with home buyers and sellers, and have the processes and resources in place to help. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions about what it takes to get your Phoenix Metro or East Valley home sold during these trying times. Just give me a call/text at 602-295-6807 and I will be glad to help.
"Real Estate is not just a job for me, it's about making a difference in the lives of others"
Troy Erickson Realtor
Troy Erickson has been blogging about Arizona real estate since 2006. He is a residential real estate agent who specializes in helping home buyers, sellers, and investors in Chandler and the East Valley. He has been recognized for his local market expertise, and frequently volunteers within his community.