What Happens After You List Your Home With Me?
1. Immediately: The listing agreement is returned to our office where it is entered into the Arizona Regional Multiple Listing Service computer system. Conceivably, you could start getting calls as soon as your home is entered into the computer. All real estate offices in the area will know of the availability of your home as soon as it is in the listing service.
In addition, after taking extensive digital photos of your property, a full color flyer is prepared on your home and is immediately emailed to the other top real estate companies, giving your home immediate exposure to the marketplace.
2. Soon After: We will return to your home with a lockbox, which is placed on nearly all homes on the market. Our colorful over-sized yard sign will be placed at the home, which has several unique features that benefit the seller. The sign’s brochure box contains feature sheets about your home, and on the back of the feature sheet are all other homes listed by our team, which are listed by address and price. Your home is being instantly advertised at every other home listed by the DIVERSE SOLUTIONS REALTY team.
Each feature sheet will also have a QR code so smartphone users can gain instant access and specific information about your listing, through our website via the web browser on their phone. Once a prospective buyer scans the QR-code, they will see the full description of your home and all pictures of the listing. From there, a prospective buyer could request a flyer and/or leave me a voicemail or email message.
The sign also has our direct phone number, 602.295.6807, which is answered by us or sent to our message center, which pages us immediately to notify when a message is waiting.
3. Next: The color brochure is delivered to the home in a plastic display stand so prospective buyers may pick one up while viewing the property.
Direct-mail target marketing “Just Listed” postcards are mailed to the neighborhood and to targeted prospective buyers. Color picture postcards are sent to the nearest neighbors and top Realtors in the Multiple Listing System asking if they know of a prospective buyer for the home.
A Realtor Open House will be scheduled to expose your home to Realtors, where a written survey will be taken of the Realtors in attendance to determine their views of pricing, condition, comparison to other homes, and suggestions to help market the home. The surveys will be left for the seller to review.
I will be conducting additional open houses upon your request. Weekends typically generate more traffic, and these open houses will be advertised on all the websites prior to the scheduled event, in order to attract more potential buyers.
The home will also be placed on our website, giving the home exposure to over 152 million households. In addition, the home will be advertised locally on AZCentral.com, and craigslist.org. Nationally, the home will be listed on Realtor.com, the largest Website in the United States listing homes for sale, as well as Zillow.com, Trulia.com, Yahoo.com, ActiveRain.com, and dozens of other smaller listing sites. Your listings will also be promoted on social networking sites Facebook.com, LinkedIn.com, and Twitter.com, where we have thousands of followers.
The home will also be advertised in our weekly newspaper ad and our Market Watch newsletter, which is published quarterly.
4. Showings: Showing your home is relatively simple. If a member of our team wants to show your home, we will call you directly, giving you a time span when we anticipate we will be at your home. If an agent from another company wants to show your property, appointments will be made either directly with you or through our office. If you are not home, agents are instructed to follow the showing instructions agreed upon at the time of listing.
Remember, when agents are showing a number of homes, the time frames may be slightly off. Occasionally, an agent will make an appointment and then not show up. If this happens please call the office so a member of our team can call the agent and find out what happened that they missed the appointment. Please feel free to call if you have any questions on any of these procedures.
5. Follow up: When your home has been shown, we will contact the agent as quickly as possible to get feedback from the showing agent and their clients. These callbacks will give us information on pricing and condition so that we can see if there is something we can do to make the property more marketable. If after several attempts we do not get feedback from the agent we can assume that their clients were not interested in the home.
In addition, you will receive a computer-generated Listing Service Report each 30 days on the market. This report will detail all tasks performed by our team to give your home maximum exposure to the market place, and it will also show all showings and advertising on the property.
Three multiple listing reports will be a part of the report, including Current Active Listings in the price range to determine the current competition, Pending Sales in the last 30 days to determine the activity of the market and Sold Properties to see what which homes have actually sold. An overview will be written in the service report detailing any shift in market conditions.
6. Things you don't see: Lots of things you don't see are being done daily to sell your home. For instance, I have computerized lists of top agents from all the real estate companies in the East Valley, and we might give them a call to see if they are working with buyers who might be interested. We also fax a brochure about your home to the top 12 real estate companies in the city your home is listed in. I also will send out emails to other prospects and past clients to notify them that I have another home that needs to be sold. So you see we are constantly recommending your home to agents, friends, family, current and former clients who may know of buyers looking in your price range. You can do your part by contacting everyone you know as well, and inform them of your intent to sell your home.
7. Remember to be patient: It may take longer than you think to sell even the “perfect” home depending on the current condition of the real estate market. Interest rates are staying low and this is helping to stimulate the market. It is hard to be patient, but like watching the proverbial pot and waiting for it to boil, your home WILL sell. That’s why you hired me -- a seasoned professional --to market your home.
8. Professional quality service and communication: The above seven items are just a sampling of the most common items we provide home sellers like you, but rest assured we do much more than these things. We also offer our honest, professional service throughout the entire process until we get your home sold and beyond. In addition, we have acquired over time, a very professional team of other professionals in the industry to help your transaction run smoothly; and they include well-respected title companies, lenders, home inspectors, home warranty companies, staging professionals, and many more.
Thank you for your confidence and your trust!